(Andover, Mass.) - November 14, 2017 - Polartec, the premium provider of innovative textile solutions, announces the winners of its 2017 Polartec Apex Awards, an annual design award program celebrating the finest products made from Polartec fabrics, and the designers behind them. The winning products were selected based on skilled and creative uses of Polartec fabric technologies.
The winners are:
- Adidas Terrex Agravic Alpha Hooded Shield Jacket, a women’s outdoor jacket made with Polartec® Alpha® insulation, designed by Tim Maud
- Arc’teryx Nyara Wrap, a fleece wrap layer made from Polartec® Thermal Pro® fleece, designed by Edita Hadravska (available spring 2018)
- Blackyak Combat Shirt, a hybrid shirt made from Polartec® Power Grid® fleece, designed by David Randall
- Burton Minturn Hooded Full-Zip Fleece, a midweight fleece layer made from Polartec® Classic shearling fleece (available fall 2018)
- Citera Neocity-65 Jkt, a practical M65-style jacket made from Polartec® NeoShell® breathable waterproof fabric, designed by Naoki Ei
- Fox Racing Attack Pro Jersey, an advanced mountain bike jersey made from Polartec® Delta® cooling fabric, designed by Jake Theno (available spring 2018)
- Mountain Hardwear Atherm Hooded Jacket, an ultimate breathable insulation piece, made from an extraordinary combination of Polartec® Alpha® Direct, Polartec® Alpha®, and Polartec® High Loft™ insulations
- Norrøna lofoten Power Shield Pro Alpha Jacket, a revolutionary jacket made from a unique combination of Polartec® Power Shield® Pro breathable weather protection and Polartec® Alpha® insulation, designed by the Norrøna R&D department
- Oiselle Flyout Tank, Short Sleeve and Long Sleeve, women’s tops made from Polartec® Delta® cooling fabric, designed by Nelle Horsley
- P1G-Tac FRS Delta, a hot-weather field training shirt made from Polartec® Delta® cooling fabric, designed by 281Z Development Group (Konstantyn Lesnik, Oleksandr Polevara, Valery Chernenko, Artem Livushevsky)
- Taylor Stitch Hawkins Jacket, a classic 60/40-style jacket made from new knit Polartec® NeoShell® breathable waterproof fabric, designed by Nick Kemp
Every winner is an embodiment of Polartec fabric innovation and design inspiration, and the winning designers are being recognized with a Malden statue, an industry award unlike any other, and images celebrating the Science of Fabric.
Polartec is the premium provider of innovative and sustainable textile solutions. Since inventing modern technical fleece in 1981, the engineers at Polartec continue to advance the science of fabric, creating fabric technologies that solve problems and improve the way products are designed and used. Polartec products range from lightweight wicking and cooling fabrics, to insulation and weather protection textiles, and are utilized by leading consumer brands, the U.S. Military and other global militaries, flame resistance, workwear, and contract upholstery markets. For more information, please visit Polartec.com and follow Polartec on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.