We are the creators of Polartec® fabrics—the most advanced performance textiles available today. Polartec® started as the original synthetic fleece and now offers a collection of over 300 different fabrics designed to keep you warm, dry and, most important, comfortable in a variety of outdoor activities. Polartec® fabrics range from extremely lightweight base layer fabrics for long underwear and T-shirts to water repellent soft shells to flame resistant fabrics for the military. Think of Polartec® fabrics as the protection nature didn't give you. They can keep you warm when it's cold, keep you dry when you sweat, even repel wind, rain, and snow to protect you from the elements.
Polartec®, LLC manufactures over 300 different fabrics under the brand Polartec®. Think of the brand as an umbrella for many categories of technical fabrics, such as Polartec® Power Dry®, Polartec® Power Stretch®, Polartec® Classic 100, 200 & 300, Polartec® Thermal Pro®, Polartec® Wind Pro®, Polartec® Windbloc®, and Polartec® Power Shield®. Each category represents a collection of fabrics of many different weights and textures, for many different activities and weather conditions, as detailed in this website.
For home sewers and smaller commercial orders, a selection of Polartec® fabrics are available by the roll (bolt), and cut yardage, from our small order fulfillment house, Mill Direct. Sample swatches can be ordered or viewed online. For more information visit http://www.milldirecttextiles.com
Polartec®, LLC manufactures fabric, and does not manufacture finished garments. This work is done by our garment manufacturing partners. Please refer to our partners page http://polartec.com/partners for a list of companies that retail garments made with our fabric.
Polartec®, LLC works very closely with all branches of the United States Military to develop custom fabric solutions for the unique demands of the armed forces. We are very proud to have played a significant role in the development of the latest Gen III Extended Cold Weather Clothing System (ECWCS) for the U.S. Army. This collection is only available through ADS Tactical at http://www.adstactical.com. Similar consumer layering systems can also be found at http://www.cabelas.com.
The care instructions for the majority of our fabrics are: machine wash warm, tumble dry low, do not use bleach, avoid use of fabric softener, do not iron, and do not dry clean. Since we do not create and manufacture the clothing, we do not know what type of trim or other materials our customers are using which may affect care instructions. Always follow the care label instructions on the garment.
Polartec®, LLC manufactures fabric, and does not manufacture finished garments. This work is done by our garment manufacturing partners. Please contact the company who manufactured your garment to inquire about repairs or replacements.
Polartec®, LLC sources yarn from many companies around the globe. Wherever possible, our company is committed to using renewable and recycled fibers provided by these vendors. The quality and variety of recycled-content yarns has improved dramatically in the past couple years enabling Polartec®, LLC to offer over 20 recycled and renewable fabric styles today including recycled polyester, wool, and even corn-based PLA fleece.
Patagonia, L.L.Bean, REI and Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) are some of our largest customers purchasing recycled fabrics. Patagonia offers a collection of Synchilla jackets and vests made of recycled content Polartec® fabrics and they also offer the Capilene 4-base layer collection made of 50% recycled content. Patagonia, through their Common Threads Garment Recycling Program, will now accept any garment ever made of Polartec® fabrics to be recycled back into yarn and then new garments. This is the first closed-loop garment recycling program and all Polartec® fabrics qualify. L.L.Bean, REI and MEC are all converting major fleece programs to recycled content in the Fall of 2007.
Polartec supplies fabric to customers all around the world. We weigh many factors when developing their materials, and balance appropriate chemical use with end use and durability expectations. Polartec is working towards cutting C8 and PFOA from its product line in Lawrence and Shanghai, and we currently offer a non-PFOA DWR to our customers.
For small businesses and the home sewer, you can see the availability by yard and full roll by going to our site at http://www.milldirecttextiles.com. If you need to rely on a consistent assortment of colors, you will want to stick with our "All-Time Favorite" assortment of fabrics. A swatch pack is available on the cut yardage side of the site or by calling our number at 1-603-742-9273.
Did you know that Polarlec®, LLC has account managers located worldwide and they manage their accounts by business address?
Polartec® Classic fabrics are the original polyester fleece. While we have refined our manufacturing processes over the years to ensure Polartec® Classic styles are the most durable, highest quality fleece on the market, we realized we needed a new category of fabric, Polartec® Thermal Pro®, to represent dramatic breakthroughs in fabric technology. Polartec® Thermal Pro® is state-of-the-art Polartec®. These insulation fabrics include new lightweight yet warm high-loft designs or new aesthetic finishes like sweater knits or even corduroy styles. We have specific thermal data on each Polartec® Thermal Pro® fabric but without knowing which Polartec® Thermal Pro® fabric you are considering, it is impossible to rate it against Polartec® Classic 200 or Polartec® Classic 300. Each Polartec® Thermal Pro® fabric is developed to meet the expected functions needed for a specific use.
The addition of fabric softeners affects the function of the water repellent applied to some Polartec® fabrics but often diminishes the static problem. There are various brands of softeners with different chemistries and some will help static at the expense of water repellency, and others will have no effect on either. No softener will damage the basic fabric and will come off in the next wash. We do not recommend using fabric softeners on Polartec® Power Dry® or Polartec® Power Stretch® because it may inhibit wicking and drying properties.
The Polartec® Challenge Program is currently undergoing a restructuring and has been put on hold for 2015. Please check back for updates for 2016.
The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (SB 657) (the “Act”) requires certain manufacturers and retailers doing business in the State of California to disclose information regarding their efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking from their direct supply chains. Polartec, LLC (Polartec) adheres to the following procedures:
1. Verification: In order to verify compliance with the terms set forth in the Polartec purchase order, Polartec reserves the right to access a supplier’s factories and other sites used for producing, packaging and transporting the purchased products and/or services.
2. Audits: As described in Section 1 above, Polartec reserves the right to access a supplier’s site, and may also audit the supplier’s records that pertain to purchases made by Polartec.
3. Certification: Polartec does not currently require certifications from its suppliers. However, Polartec’s purchase order terms require the supplier to represent and warrant to Polartec that the supplier’s production, manufacture, packaging, sale, distribution, installation and pricing of any and all products are in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and ordinances in the location where the products are made, as well as in jurisdictions through which the products pass and are eventually delivered to Polartec or its agents. These representations and warranties specifically cite and require compliance with labor laws, and expressly prohibit (a) the use of child labor (as defined under applicable law); (b) forced or compulsory labor; (c) physical abuse of workers; and/or (d) disregard or failure to comply with applicable rules and laws governing wages, benefits, working hours, working conditions and payment for overtime.
4. Accountability: Polartec reserves the right to terminate the relationship with a supplier if the supplier fails to comply with the terms of the purchase order, including for a breach of a representation or warranty contained therein.
5. Training: Polartec provides training to individuals who manage procurement and supply chain activities to ensure they understand the terms found in the Polartec purchase orders. In addition, all employees are provided with a copy of the Polartec internal code of conduct.